Thursday, January 28, 2010

Oh January

Just an update on Juan's shop: Nobody was injured, shook up, but no injuries. The truck is totaled, but insurance will take care of that. Juan is feeling much better, but still coughing a little. We are feeling really blessed:) Back to work!

Here are some fun things we did in January that I want to show. We took Blaz to Arctic Circle where they have the kiddie toys. I can't wait for beautiful spring weather so I can take him a park and play. Fast food restaurants will have to do! He really liked the slide, but after a while there were too many "big" kids playing. He had some bites of ice cream and was just adorable as usual.



We fluff up Blaz's hair when he gets out of the tub and I wanted to get a picture of how silly he looks. Of course, it wasn't until we downloaded it that I realized the lamp is directly behind his head, blending in with his hair. Lol, oh well. Better luck next time!


On the 23rd we attended Oscar and Ellie's wedding. Oscar is Juan's best friend from middle school on, and he met Ellie at BYUI. The wedding was in the Rexburg Temple, it was so beautiful! Blaz stayed with my mom while we went to the wedding, he did not enjoy me leaving him. The whole time at the wedding he was clingy, he wasn't about to let me wander off again:) The reception was great, delicious carnitas and loud music, dancing, the whole bit! It was fun to see friends and people from church and high school that we haven't seen since we moved.

Something always has to go wrong at weddings right? The power went out during their reception, lol. The DJ had so many things plugged into the socket, plus all sorts of twinkle lights and things in the kitchen that they overloaded and the power went out. It took a good 30 minutes for them to get everything working again, too funny.

Congrats to Oscar and Ellie! Finally, Juan's friends are getting married. It's weird hanging out and being the only married ones! It was funny hanging out with them last winter when they were all single, and I'm gigantically pregnant, lol.

It was a fun weekend! My little sister turned 14 and had her first birthday party with BOYS! oooooooooh, lol. But don't worry, there was no spinning of bottles in my parent's basement!

Ciao!

3 comments:

  1. Its great to hear from you!!! Your little boy is sure handsome . . . its amazing how fast time flies. I love looking through all your blogs, ideas, etc. I'm glad you found me. Blogs make it easy to keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like things are going well for you. It's a blessing that Juan missed that day of work. I think you're making the right decision to stay home and be mom. It's easier to make the right decision when we have the example of our parents to look to isn't it? We love you, and Blaz is pretty cute. We wish we could be there to see him growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your flashing sign of "I love comments"!! I love when people leave a comment even if its just hey I stopped by, than you know someone is looking. So thanks for all your comments that you leave on facebook and now my blog! Cute blog and funny story about your friends wedding. What did everyone do in the dark?

    ReplyDelete