Thursday, January 14, 2010

My Copy Gato

This last week Blaz has become a copier, we've been calling him our copy gato (cat in spanish). He's very interested in other babies and the sounds they make, it's too funny.
--Example: We were visiting friends when their 1 year old fell and bonked her head. She started screaming very loud and high-pitched. Blaz was sitting on my lap and watching her intently. Then, all of a sudden, he screams super loud, matching her pitch. We all looked at his face, he wasn't crying too, he was just practicing the noise!
--On Sunday he was sitting by the piano playing with a little baby during primary. She would grunt, he would grunt. She would say uhhhhhh, and he would too.
--Lastnight we had Izaiah and Dazzly (neice and nephew) over for dinner and we were playing a board game. Every time I would cheer, Blaz would yell, trying to match my sound.

Sooo funny! He's very excited about other kids. We've been going to the library twice a week and he likes to sit there and watch other kids. He likes to watch little boys run, he giggles whenever they walk by. I try to read books with him, but he mostly likes to sit on the couches and watch other kids.
I'm going to start babysitting in april, kind of excited. Some friends from the ward are having a baby girl this month, and I'll watch her 2 days a week while her mom works. She will just be a few months old, I think Blaz will like having a playmate around. I will enjoy the extra money and it'll be fun to have a girl around. I love being a stay-at-home mom, but an extra couple hundred a month will be great. It's only 2 days per week, so we can still go to the library and have our normal routine.

2010 has been great so far. Juan's shop is slowing down a little, but he'll have steady work through the rest of the winter. Church basketball has started again and he's loving it. Blaz really likes watching sports, his eyes follow the ball. What a boy:) I can't believe we have to move soon, it doesn't seem like a year and a half already. We are hoping to stay in the ward, and would love a house over an apartment. But of course, most important is affordable. We've been going through all our stuff and selling things we haven't used since we moved here. I figure if we haven't touched in in almost 2 years, we probably don't need it. I still have a dollhouse kit, guitar and elliptical machine if anybody's interested!

One of our 2010 goals was to have Family Home Evening every monday night. We sing a song from the primary songbook in spanish (I'm trying to learn them in spanish) and then we're going through all of the pictures in the gospel art kit and reading the scriptures on the back. It's simple, but that way Juan doesn't have to worry about preparing anything extravagant. When Blaz gets older we'll include more questions, coloring, role playing, etc. Last week he held the picture of Jesus and nibbled on the corners while we read in 3 Nephi. I loved it, my little family is just perfect. It makes me more and more grateful for the priority my mom placed on gospel learning in our home and it makes me appreciate a husband who has the same goals as I do.

And, since I can't make a post this long without a picture - here you go! The most adorable load of laundry ever:



Blaz thinks laundry baskets are sooo cool. Now all of them have teeth marks on the rim, lol. Did I mention his 2 top teeth have poked through? They're taking a while to get big, but they are there!

1 comment:

  1. Blaz is getting so big!! I miss seeing you every week:)

    ReplyDelete