Friday, January 22, 2010

9 months old

I know, it's weird, 9 months. My baby has now spent more time OUTSIDE my belly than INSIDE my belly. He is growing and changing so much and I'm so glad I get to be here to watch ever second of it. I have the best job on earth, seriously.

Here is some photo proof: Goofing around with the camera yesterday afternoon before naptime



He's getting to be more and more fun as he wants to read, build block towers, tickle, play peekaboo, etc. We've been going to the library once or twice a week now. He loves to see the fish pond and waterfall, but we're having a hard time not eating the library books. Mostly, I read my novel while he plays at my feet and watches kids walk by. He loves watching boys trudge by in snow boots, he thinks it's hilarious and just sits there and giggles. I can't wait for spring so we can bust out the stroller again. I do have to confess though, I have gone to Target on several occasions, just to get out of the house and roll around with Blaz. He loves their bright red carts the best, and we don't buy anything, just cruise around looking at stuff. Lol, lame, but it works.



He still isn't crawling yet, very close, but not quite there. He gets on all fours and rocks back and forth though. He loves standing up and holding on to the edge of the couch. He will walk if you hold his hands and walk with him. Juan thinks he will walk before he crawls.

Sorry I can't figure out how to turn these pics, but you get the idea. I put Blaz in his pac n play while I did my hair and make up, this is what I found:

"I know I can get this diaper undone, I know I can do it!"


"Uh oh, mommy caught me!"

Like I said earlier, I'm loving staying home. I'm sooo grateful Juan was willing to help me cut our budget in half so I could stay home. We don't have cable, gym memberships, we haven't seen a movie in a theater in almost a year and I can't even remember the last vacation we took. It's worth the sacrifice, and I'll eat tuna sandwiches for lunch forever if it means I can just be mommy:) I don't think Juan ever stops by to read my blog, but I will be forever grateful for his sacrifice for our family. Yay!

We have a busy weekend with a wedding tomorrow. I'm excited for a big Mexican reception, dinner and dance. Mmmm, I'm hoping for tamales:)

2 comments:

  1. I just want to eat his cheeks! I can't get enough of them. You guys are such a cute family. I miss seeing you every Sunday :0( Eat a bunch of tamales for me.

    P.S. I love your cute button for your Camille's Casa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, being a mom is the best- definitely worth the sacrifice!

    Watch out for him taking his diaper off because Taide has done that twice when she was supposed to be sleeping and I was glad that Blake was home to help me clean up the mess!

    By the way, I finally updated my blog...

    ReplyDelete