Monday, February 22, 2010

Blessed in February

Wow, February is winding down. Even though February is short, it seems kind of long. I'm anxious for spring and for all the slush to melt. We've done lots of fun things and Blaz is getting smarter, here's a quick photo rundown of all our adventures.


Blaz still loves taking a bath. He'll splash the water like crazy and not even mind when it's all over his face. This is his elephant towel that he likes to play with. In February he got a weird bumpy rash on his chest, you can see it here a little. He spent lots of time itching it, and after lots of lotion it's finally going away.

We spent the superbowl at Juan's brother's house. None of us really watched the tv, but we ate good food, chatted and I got to spend time holding my newest niece Emmy. She's tiny and snuggly, I can't believe that Blaz was that little and still, he's such a wiggle bug now.




Blaz is finally getting good at eating food. He won't eat anything dry (like bread, crackers, cheerios) he just gags until he barfs. His favorite thing right now is spaghetti sauce. He'll suck down a whole dish of sauce, he doesn't mind the onion, green pepper and mushroom chunks. We got a pineapple from the food co-op and he's been loving them.


We hosted a Valentine's party last monday night. We ate lasagna, pizza, salad and chocolate cake. We each brought little valentine gifts and for the FHE portion we each shared our favorite scripture or hymn about love. Blaz got lots of attention from everybody. He was playing ball on the floor with my mom and Alex when I got out the camera. Of course, he immediately stops and poses. He loves pictures, probably because of the flash. He smiles and holds still, love it.




Lots of new things and changes are happening for us and during those times it seems easier if I focus on what we've been blessed with. So, here are some blessings that I've counted for February.
-We got a free washer and dryer for when we move. I know right, free, they're pretty nice too!
-Blaz finally started crawling, is growing and healthy.
-Juan hasn't worked any fridays in february and so we've spent time together doing fun family stuff, cleaning and packing.
-We've made 3 trips to DI getting rid of stuff, sure feels good to clean out!
-Juan found a dresser for Blaz (for when we move) and is going to paint it bright red.

Oooh, I hear Blaz waking up from his nap. I better go, leaving you with the cutest smile in our house:

2 comments:

  1. I love that elephant towel! Blaz is such a cutie! I think I am going to steal your idea for a Valentine's FHE next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is sooo cute! I think it has been a great month! We should get together sometime!

    ReplyDelete