Tuesday, January 26, 2010

You just don't know

I was talking with my mom this weekend about how you just can't judge, because you just don't know all the facts.

Last night Juan wasn't feeling good, by this morning he was miserably sick. He doesn't get sick often, but he felt awful. I told him not to go to work and to stay home in bed. Even though I encouraged him to stay home, in the back of my mind I was thinking about the lost wages and all the things we could use that money for. I kept wondering why he had to get sick.

About an hour ago Juan got a text from his boss. They had a delivery today in Pocatello. The text showed a photo of the trailer off the road and the truck upside down in the median.

My mom was right, you just can't judge! The lost wages of today mean nothing when compared with hospital bills or loss of wages from an injury. I'm glad my husband is home, safe and asleep in the room next to me.

(Maybe someday I'll get to a point of faith/trust that when things happen, like getting sick, I won't panic. I'll not judge, fear or doubt, knowing that things are happening for a reason.)

Just wanted to share and hope you are feeling blessed today, we are counting our blessings:)

1 comment: