Saturday, October 3, 2009

Makeover

So while my honey was at the priesthood session and the little one was taking a nap I decided to give my blog a little makeover.

You likey?

I'm a little frustrated with my banner that either appears gigantic or miniature. I'm sick of messing with it, so I'll fix it later.

I should put a little note too on the banner PHOTOGRAPHY BY KRIS N.

What is the name of your studio anyway Kris? KN Photo, Photos by Krissy, North Pictures Inc. . .

The first half of conference was fantastic and I have lots of things to ponder. We only get 2 channels on tv and neither were airing conference, so we listened on the radio and the internet worked the 2nd session. One thing I wrote down on a sticky note next to my laptop actually came from a hymn.
I can't remember the name of the hymn right now, but we don't sing it often, I have the tune running through my head though.
I like the line that says:
Our God is pleased when we improve

Since I've become a stay-at-home mommy I feel like it's easy to not accomplish anything during the day. It was easy at work to be progressing at something, but I can set my own standards of productivity now you know? I'm a pretty goal-oriented kind of person and so I've been creating calendars, lists, objectives and goals for each day. Some are silly and some are more important, but I need to be improving. It felt good hearing that line I guess, knowing that improving (spiritually and elsewhere) is pleasing to God.
Anyway, here are some of my dorkier goals:)
-Be showered, dressed, have make-up and hair done by 11am
-Have lunch made on and the table by 12 (Juan's lunch break)
-Run at least 3 loads of laundry per week
-Have dinner ready and on the table by 5:30
-Have the kitchen cleaned before going to bed

Cheesy, and embarrassingly I don't always get them done. Still, ONWARD AND UPWARD!

1 comment:

  1. I think those are excellent goals. I sometime struggle with even the simplest task like getting ready for the day. I think that was a wonderful incite. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete