Monday, July 20, 2009

Blessing Day

Blaz's blessing day, July 5, 2009 was everything I
imagined my first child's blessing day would be. Juan
was quite nervous to give the blessing and really wanted
to say the right things. I loved watching him prepare to
use his priesthood for this event. He gave the blessing
in spanish and I made him promise to talk slow so I could
understand. It was perfect. We had mucho family show
up, which was really cool. My Grandpa Hudson bore his
testimony, saying that he couldn't miss a chance to testify
of our Savior with 2/3 of his family in one room. Juan's
mom bore her testimony and Freddy (Juan's friend)
translated into english. My mom bore her testimony too,
she said that the best way to say thank you to our
Heavenly Father and Savior is to enjoy our life and be
happy with our circumstances.

After church we hosted a little bbq at our house. Yum!
It was the most perfect day! After everybody left we
stayed up so late in bed just talking about our hopes
and dreams for our little family. Here are some pictures
of the day:



Blaz with his Abuelita Rosa y Abuelito Jose before church



Juan looks weird, hehe, but I love how Blaz is almost smiling


Our happy family!


My mom, brother Stewart, Sis-in-law Becky, Aunt Karen and
cousin Kris in our backyard.



Master BBQ husband

No comments:

Post a Comment