Sunday, May 3, 2009

New Arrival

Blaz is 12 days old today, it's crazy! Each day is so different. Eventually
we'll get a schedule or routine figured out I think, but for now I never
know what the day will bring. We brought Blaz to part of church today.
We all went to sacrament meeting, I did my lesson in primary while Juan
held him, then Juan took Blaz and me home while he taught his YM's lesson.
He got lots of ooohs and aaahs and the young men have started calling him
"little JP." He slept the whole time, but was really hungry when we got home.

Well, here is are the pictures I promised and a little recap of our hospital stay.
We went in to Mountain View at 8am, they scheduled me for 5am, but since
they weren't very busy I told them I wanted to sleep in a little more:) As soon
as I got there they started Pitocin in an IV, ugh. It took about 30 minutes
before contractions started and they were no fun! I got up to go to the bathroom
and my water broke, I'm glad the doctor didn't have to. My midwife said that
pitocin generally makes contractions 3 times as bad, and since I was hooked to
an IV and baby monitor I wouldn't be able to move around she recommended
I get an epidural. By then it hurt so bad I didn't care. Juan almost passed out
while they were giving me the epidural, hehe, I still tease him about it. During
delivery and all the blood and gore he was fine, but he had to sit down with a
cold juice for the needles, lol.

My mom came and we chatted until about 4:30 pm when it was time to start
pushing. I'm so glad my mom was there, she helped out so much. Juan was
super helpful and encouraging and we all survived. Blaz was born at 6:34 pm,
it seemed like forever! Holding my breath made me so dizzy and I threw up
a lot. Blaz had his hand next to his ear and the cord was around his head so it
took a lot longer to get him out. I tore pretty bad and the stitches weren't so
fun. I remember thinking he looked so purple. He had a cone head and tons
of black hair. Juan cut the cord and they wrapped up our little bundle. He
needed a little oxygen and they gave him an IV, but he looked good. He
came in at 6 lbs and 13 oz, 21 inches long. He ate really well and slept a lot at
the hospital. I love holding him and I held him constantly. He took turns
sleeping in Juan's arms and with me. I hated the little buckets they have for
babies, I just wanted to hold him:)


We went to the doctor on friday and he is now just over 7 lbs. He is awake
more during the day. He never sleeps more than 3 hours at a time, so I'm
pretty tired by the time morning comes. Blaz and I usually sleep in until
10ish. Our whole world has changed with this little guy, but it's so fun
and I'm loving it. Juan is the cutest proud daddy and is so helpful with
changing diapers. Blaz makes this funny growling noise when he's hungry
so we've started calling him tiger. Anyway, enjoy the pictures!


No comments:

Post a Comment