Wednesday, December 23, 2009

8 months!

I'm 8 months old now!!!

e

Monday was Blaz's 8 month birthday. He changed a lot this last month, he's getting stronger and more determined. He's perfected the "dive" maneuver where you're holding him with one arm and he makes a whole-body dive for something he sees that he really wants. Yikes!

He has 2 bottom teeth, they are super adorable. Every book he owns has funny chew marks in the corners. He sits up like a pro, but hasn't started crawling yet. He face-plants a lot and rocks back and forth on his knees, so we know he's close.

He likes to chase me around the house in his jeep. Yesterday was pretty funny while I was getting gifts ready. He was riding around my feet in the kitchen, when I went to the office to get some ribbon he ran down the hall squealing to follow me. When I went back to the kitchen, he raced right back. He likes being in the kitchen while I cook, racing every time I open a drawer or cupboard to get there before it closes. He is determined to get into the fridge sometime too:)

His favorite toys are his books. We have story time several times a day. He owns one book with pictures of babies playing, he giggles every time we read it, it's hilarious. He got a new puppy riding toy from his abuelitos that he's been riding lately. He can't get off without falling, so we've had a couple of tears.



He's not really in to Christmas, in fact the Christmas tree scares him a little. He loves the lights we have around the window and he likes to watch the snow fall with me. He loves to crinkle paper and he is dying to get his hands on my cell phone.

My favorite part of the day is when Juan gets home from work and Blaz starts kicking, panting and laughing. He flings his arms open and waits for Juan to hold him, it's too cute:) He loves going to primary with me, he's really interested in other kids. I usually sit him on the floor and he watches what they do and laughs. He doesn't go to nursery until next fall, but I bet he'll be excited. Every time I go in there he gets pretty excited.

He's doing ok with solid foods, but he's not very adventerous in trying new things. He hates potatoes, he gags and barfs everytime. He loves fruit, especially peaches and bananas. He likes the yogurt and whole grain puffs from Gerber too. He ate some spaghetti the other night and did good. I gave him some bites of applie pie too and he loved it (of course). He has a sippy cup with water, but he likes to bite it more than drink out of it. The top is covered with teeth marks and scrapes, lol.

He's just so much fun and I love watching my little guy grow. Last Christmas I remember sitting on the couch with Juan, feeling little kicks in my stomach and wondering what our little boy would be like. I'm not disappointed, he's so much fun and makes me laugh everyday.

I was reading January's Ensign and there was a lady who mentioned how she was nervous about raising righteous children in this world, and somebody (an older lady, can't remember exactly) told her, "You HAVE to! That's why you're here!" I like that.

Merry Christmas everybody!!! (I know, I haven't done our Christmas cards yet, eek! I still have a few more sewing orders to finish before tomorrow. I'm just taking a little computer break:)

No comments:

Post a Comment