Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Dear Santa

So, for Christmas this year we decided we each get to spend $20 on whatever we want. This eliminates all stress of trying to find something the other person will like and holds us to our budget.

I'm the one who came up with the idea, Juan is totally on board and we wouldn't understand Blaz even if he did complain. Now, I'm the one messing it up, hehe. Here's the breakdown

Juan:
New tape measure - $7

$13 remaining

Blaz:
4 new books - $2
Rocking horse- free from grandparents
Blocks- free from grandparents

$18 remaining

Camille:
$30 dress form on craigslist (I've been wanting one forever and they usually are upwards of $300 for one this nice. How can I resist?)

$10 in the negative


So, I'm thinking here that I can just take $10 from my son's Christmas money to go towards my dress form. He already got to free gifts, so it's not like he won't have any toys. He's 7 1/2 months old, boxes are more entertaining then toys right now anyway. Lol, just nobody tell him that on his first christmas his mommy took his money to buy stuff for her, hehe.

Or, I got a Christmas money in the mail from my grandparents (thank you!!) and I could use that to pay for the dress form, plus $10 from my money, and still have $10 leftover in my fund to buy something!! Hmm, sounds like a plan?

But, however I want to work it . . . . I already called the seller and picked up the dress form. It's beautiful and looks fabulous next to my sewing table.



(This is why I think housewives should run the family budget. This way we can work things so that everyone (especially us) is happy! I heart my new dress form!!)

2 comments:

  1. Dear Camille,
    Hmmm… in 10 years we will begin accepting payments from you… this means we will be blackmailing you BIG TIME! If you don’t pay we will tell Blaz what you did on his first Christmas. By the way the Dress Form looks great… have fun putting it to good use. What are the plans for this spring when you have to move? We don’t know if we will be able to help you move this time, darn. Merry Christmas!
    Stewart (yes he contributed to this comment) and Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol--Camille this post is hilarious! I won't tell Blaz...you're secret's safe with me. Haha! :)

    ReplyDelete