Friday, July 16, 2010

A day in our LIFE

Last summer I had a little itty bitty 2 month old baby, what did I spend my days doing? I remember it seemed like he ate constantly, I wished we had ac and I read lots of books. We have been having so much fun this summer, I just don't want to forget. Anyway, I wrote down everything that happened on Wednesday, an ordinary, yet fun, day. So yeah, this is what our days are like:

9:30- Blaz wakes up. We say morning prayers, which usually consists of him jumping around the bed while I pray, then he says "amen" with me and climbs down.

Blaz runs around upstairs while I take a shower. He likes to throw toys in the water, so I ended showering with elmo's mailbox, 2 cars and a basketball. He opens Juan's sock drawer, pulls out some socks and puts them in a laundry basket. He pushes the laundry basket all around upstairs jabbering to himself while I do my hair and makeup. He's whining at my feet when I finish, so we pick out his clothes and get him dressed and handsome. After spiking his hair, we head downstairs.

We make toast for breakfast. Blaz takes an entire slice and tries to shove it in his mouth. I pull it out while he smears crumbs everywhere. It's a beautiful day outside so we get in the stroller and head around the neighborhood for a nice long walk. We see neighbors, puppies and the new graffiti on the yield sign by our house.

11:15- we get home. I set Blaz on the kitchen counter to help me make a smoothie. I put in the juice and banana and frozen mango slices. He drops in the blueberries one by one, watching them splash. We blend it, and sit on the couch sipping smoothie and flipping through a pottery barn catalog. (I flip, he crinkles the pages).

Blaz starts getting sleepy, so I take him upstairs for a nap. After 15 he is out cold, and I sneak downstairs to make lunch for Juan. I make bologna sandwiches with fritos. I make another blueberry smoothie for Juan. We eat, and about 12:45 Blaz starts yelling "maaaaa, maaaa" from upstairs. We drop Juan off at work and head downtown for some thrifty fun.

We cruise through the aisles of DI looking for some treasures. I find an Elmo book about balls, score, and an ABC monkey book each for .50 cents. No cool gadgets or crafts, but we step outside and find a little tikes slide for only $4. Blaz starts screaming with joy when I put it in the cart, it's gigantic and red and blue. We've been looking for a slide at yard sales all summer! The cashier talks to Blaz, he gets scared and almost cries. We take our treasures home.

Blaz plays in the living room with his toys while I get the chicken marinating for dinner. At about 2:30 we go outside to play with the new slide. They are building a house on the empty lot behind us and Blaz gets distracted by all the noisy trucks. We end up sitting on the porch watching the back hoe and dump truck haul dirt.

At 3:30 we pick up Juan from work. I clean the kitchen downstairs while Juan takes a shower, and Blaz plays in the water and throws his toys in. Juan fires up the grill and puts on the chicken. I'm boiling red potatoes for creamy mashed potatoes and getting the corn ready, Juan watches the grill and Blaz goes up and down the back porch stairs talking to himself and laughing.

We eat dinner, watch some netflix and play downstairs for a while. Blaz starts getting whiny, so I take him upstairs for another nap. I sew and Juan plays xbox while he naps. When he wakes it's 7pm and we head to Juan's brother's house. His parents are going to Texas for a week so we say goodbye and give them pictures of Blaz to pass around to family.

We drive to Winco to go grocery shopping. It's not too crowded, Blaz is silly in the shopping cart and throws a fit getting back in the car.

We watch another episode on Netflix, read scriptures and head to bed by 10:30.

I should have taken pictures:)

No comments:

Post a Comment