
Visiting every park in town. This one is our favorite! It's like 20 minutes from our house, but it's an equal access playground where everything is wide enough for someone in a wheel chair. It has ramps everywhere too, instead of just stairs. It's perfect for Blaz, he loved it!

Playing with the hippo

Hasn't May been perfect? The weather has been gorgeous and we have been enjoying cruising our new neighborhood. We have so many friends in the neighborhood that last week our 20 minute walk turned in to 2 1/2 hours! Having a toddler is super fun, we've been out doing fun things all over town. Last summer he wasn't in to anything (except eating and sleeping) but this summer he's enjoying everything.

On one of our trips scavenging at D.I. I found this kitchen for $5. I know right? It's not girly and it's not too big, perfect for our house. Now when I cook dinner Blaz has something to play with. He likes putting all of the food from the fridge to the sink. I found a pack of vegetables at Toys r Us for a couple dollars.
Blaz has a funny new thing he's been doing for about a week now. When he wakes up in the morning he finds some random object and holds on to it all day, even sleeping with it. It's a different object every day and if you try to take it away he loses it. Weird! Right now he's napping with a glue stick in his hand. Yesterday it was his toothbrush, it's also been a comb, Juan's back scratcher, a baby lotion bottle, weird stuff. After he falls asleep I can usually sneak it away. This day he was all about this tomato from his kitchen set.

He says ball and baby now. He likes to imitate sounds and actions we do. He loves reading books with me, it's one of my favorite parts of the day. He sits on my lap and turns the pages and points to either babies or balls. He has a few peekaboo books with flaps, and he giggles every time you lift it. No matter how many million times we've done it, it's still funny.
Juan has had a busy spring at work. Lots of builders are building new homes and they've been doing lots of remodels. I babysit a 4 month old girl 1 day per week and I'm still selling aprons. Mother's Day orders got a little crazy and I had a few late nights, but it's nice to have my own little income. I feel guilty spending Juan's hard earned money for our family at Joann's, lol, so it's nice to have my own cash for fun stuff.
We are loving our new house, even though it's still pretty disorganized. We still have several boxes in the garage and it seems like I'm always in there digging around sunday mornings trying to find the perfect shoes.
Anyway, I have a dishwasher to unload and a living room to vacuum before nap time ends. Take care!

No comments:
Post a Comment