Wednesday, April 28, 2010

New House and Birthday (Just for Becky)

Ok Becky, here is the post you've been asking for! So here comes birthday fun, new house and our growing/walking little man.

Blaz was pretty excited about the carpet at our new house - no more wood floors! He's had fun crawling all over the place at high speeds and is giving walking a try. He here is just after we got our keys. He'll take about 8 steps before either falling or grabbing on to something for support.


This is after the kersplat, lol. This shows our living room and the door behind Blaz opens to a 1/2 bath. There is a nice big window behind where I'm standing.

This shows the edge of bar in the kitchen, the kitchen overlooks the living room. You can see the tiled entryway and the edge of the stairs. The garage door also opens in the entry way. (Juan will probably not like the particular view of this shot, lol, but it was the only entry way shot)

Here is my favorite place, the kitchen. There's lots of counter space and a dishwasher, I'm happy:) I love having a bar, and I'm starting to like the whole open area feel. Just beyond the fridge is a spot for our kitchen table and a door leading to the backyard and patio.

I didn't take any pictures of upstairs yet, but we really like it. The master is good sized, it has his/hers closets that walk through to the bathroom. The bathroom is really big, love that. The bathroom also has a door to the hallway. There are 2 extra bedrooms, one for Blaz and one for the office/sewing room. The washer and dryer are in a little closet in the upstairs hallway. It's nice not hauling laundry up and down the stairs. We really like the location and the neighbors. We feel really blessed to find such a great townhouse that we can afford, plus it's in the ward:)


I didn't think turning 1 would change anything, but it's like he's smarter and more capable already. He's started saying a new word - baby. He loves to jabber and laughs really hard if you imitate his sounds. When I turn on the radio and sing he starts going "aaaahh, oooooh" like he's singing too, love it.


He likes to close doors, then bang on them and cry when he can't open them again. He thinks throwing things down the stairs (especially balls) and watching them bang down is hilarious. Last night Juan made him mad by wiping his nose, so he bit him, lol.

He loves story time with mom and playing in the quilt on the bed. He laughs during prayers (we can't figure this one out, maybe cause our eyes are closed?) and loves having other kids come over and play. He likes dogs, going to the park and driving around in the car.

He points at everything now, when he wants something. I haven't done any baby sign language, but when he's hungry or wants a bite he'll smack his lips really loud, it works:) He learned how to take his pants off, lol, and he thinks it's super funny. If you laugh at him while he does something, he'll do it over and over. Last night he put his apple on his head, Juan laughed, and he did it the rest of the night. We've decided we need to be careful what we laugh at, since he loves being a comedian. A few sundays ago he was spitting loudly in church, the teens in the row behind us laughed, and Blaz made spitting farting noises the entire time, enjoying the attention. We have the class clown!



Here Blaz is helping daddy open his presents. He didn't quite know what to think of opening presents, but he loved the new toys.


I'm quite proud of our frugal birthday. We got him the little bike (that flips up into a walker too) at D.I. for $3. I got him 2 new books for 50 cents, Mr. Potato I couponed for $1. The tonka truck is regularly $32.99, on sale for $24.99 and I had a $10 off coupon, not bad. He's like a little robot, he talks, drives and spins. Blaz likes chasing him around the house. If you yell his name "chuck" he drives to you. Kinda fun! I also got 3 shirts from Kohl's for free, on clearance and used a coupon, totally free. Sweet!



We sang happy birthday and let Blaz play in this birthday cake. He squished and smeared it everywhere. I gave him a bite, but he didn't really care for it as you can see below:)




He took a bath after and the tub was covered in frosting and cake crumbs. It was such a fun day! I hope they're always just as perfect.

Funny story too, a year ago at my bridal shower somebody gave us a giftcard to Olive Garden. On monday night, the 20th, the evening before we had Blaz we went to olive garden and got takeout. We sat at home eating delicious pasta and talking about how tomorrow was going to change everything and how excited we were to meet our little boy. This year for dinner on Blaz's birthday we decided to get Olive Garden takeout again. We ate salad, breadsticks and pasta around the dinner table with our little boy. Everything changed, and we love it. What a year!

Ok Becky, was that enough of an update for you? lol. I can't wait for Blaz's new cousin (vote for boy) to come this fall.

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Wahooo!!! This is the bestist blog post! Thanks for indulging me by posting about your recent move and Blaz’s birthday. He is becoming quit the handsome little man. You and Juan should be proud! Like I mentioned before do your best to get him to say Stewart and Becky before we get there this summer. Which by the way we just purchased our airline tickets and will be in Idaho once again (home sweet home… Idaho) on June 9th until July 13th!!! We are flying into Boise, since my parents would have a car for us to borrow for the time we are there. We are soooooooo excited! We love you all lots and lots! Thanks for posting this blog post Camille, you are AWESOME!!! P.S. I am a little envious of your carpet.

    ReplyDelete