Soooo, yesterday morning I wake up and I can hardly move my back hurts so bad. I tried to shake it off, thinking I was just stiff, but owwwww. I couldn't lift Blaz without almost crying, I couldn't even stand up straight. I ended up going to my mom's and she suggested that I go to the chiropractor. Well, the chiropractor snapped and cracked everything. One time he told me to take a deep breath and pushed down really hard on the center on my back. It cracked so loud and produced the sharpest, most intense pain, then it immediately went away. He said, "those dear, are you disks. You slipped 3 disks in your back." Umm, ow? I spent the rest of the day hardly being able to move and being in major pain, but I woke up this morning being able to walk - yay!!! My back is so sore and I'm not supposed to lift anything heavy, but I am confident I will be back to normal soon.
Being a mom is painful, but next time I have a sick crying baby I will be more gentle with my back. I'm just going to throw it out there, slipping 3 disks is easily as painful and child birth, lol.
So, I'm grateful for lots of things today:
-Juan, who changed all diapers, changed clothes, held and entertained Blaz. He did the laundry, made dinner, brought me everything and still woke up at 7 to go to work today.
-I'm grateful that my mom encouraged me to go to the doctor, I hate going to the doctor and probably would have put it off much longer
-I'm grateful for a chiropractor who knows what he's doing, cracks like a pro, and only charges $35.
-I'm mostly grateful to be able to walk again and that my body is healing quickly. Juan joked that it was like I was 9 months pregnant again, helpless, and he had to grab everything for me.
So, since I won't be taking any stroller walks or trips to the library with Blaz, I plan on alternating between my sewing machine, the laptop and the tv this week.
I'll leave you with a cute photo of Blaz from last week. He has conquered traveling from the kitchen to the living room. This is him just getting around the corner and being quite proud of himself.

could he get any cuter? so sorry about your back chickie!! glad you're feeling better:)
ReplyDeleteI am sorry about your back! I am glad you a little better. Those darn kids need to stop being sick and sleep through the night. Love the grateful thinks, it is always nice to be reminded that we need to always be thankful. Blaz is so cute. It has been 6 months since I have seen him. Need to see him soon.
ReplyDeleteOUCH!!! I am glad that you got things worked out, and that Blaz and you are doing better. So your brother is going to be a doctor… one day, so maybe you should get over that fear of seeing the doctor, since you will be seeing a doctor everything we get together :) It has been in the 50’s the last few days, and our snow is melting although we do have a long way to go yet. We are so happy to see signs of spring. Take care of yourself! Cute pic of Blaz, tell your cute family hola!
ReplyDeleteOuch, I'm sorry to hear about your back. We just had a lecture this morning on acute back pain (just in case you were wondering). I hope it gets better soon. Mom might be able to suggest some gentle stretches to keep the muscles loose and the blood circulating.
ReplyDeleteKudos to Juan for taking care of you and Blaz.
Love,
Stewart