Pregnancy Reflections
Since I'm not going to be pregnant for much longer
I want to write down how it feels so I'll remember.
Cool Moments:
I felt the first little flutters in my stomach at about 21
weeks. I remember wanting SO bad to feel him move,
to know that he was alive and growing and real. The
first time Juan felt him kick was at 22 weeks when we
were at my Grandma's house for Christmas. We were
watching the Spurs beat the Suns on tv and Blaz kicked
really hard. Juan poked my belly a few times and Blaz
kicked back. Now he kicks and moves constantly it'll be
weird when that feeling is gone. He responds to pokes
and shakes, it's so funny.
At 10 weeks we had our first doctor's appointment and
ultrasound. I was really nervous that everything would
be ok. Hearing his heartbeat for the first time was incredible.
Seriously, enough to bring tears to your eyes. Juan and I looked
at each other and we didn't really need to say anything as both
our eyes got a little misty. I love the first little pictures of him
where he looks like an adorable alien.
At 20 weeks we had our big ultrasound, it's a BOY! Juan
wanted a boy really bad. I did too, but not as bad as Juan
wanted a son. We both have fantastic big brothers, so we
thought a boy would be the perfect way to start our family.
As soon as we found out we were pregnant I bought two cute
shirts from Baby Gap, so I was a little nervous that we'd somehow
jinxed ourselves by buying something for a boy. Not true! The
ultrasound was amazing to see his cute little body and excited
to hear it was a boy. Blaz wouldn't give us a nice profile, he kept
hiding his face. All the ultrasound pictures are unidentifiable blobs,
but we forgive him. On the way to the Doctor we decided it would
either be Blaz Hudson or Callie Gissel, Blaz wins!
After my icky morning sickness was mostly over we went through
a session in the temple with our ward. It was really special to feel him
moving while we were there. It was weird while we were sitting in the
celestial room together that Juan, me and Blaz might not be
there together again for 19 years when he goes on a mission. I'll always
cherish the moment we were in the temple together and it makes me
even more determined to be there together again someday.
I want to write down how it feels so I'll remember.
Cool Moments:
I felt the first little flutters in my stomach at about 21
weeks. I remember wanting SO bad to feel him move,
to know that he was alive and growing and real. The
first time Juan felt him kick was at 22 weeks when we
were at my Grandma's house for Christmas. We were
watching the Spurs beat the Suns on tv and Blaz kicked
really hard. Juan poked my belly a few times and Blaz
kicked back. Now he kicks and moves constantly it'll be
weird when that feeling is gone. He responds to pokes
and shakes, it's so funny.
At 10 weeks we had our first doctor's appointment and
ultrasound. I was really nervous that everything would
be ok. Hearing his heartbeat for the first time was incredible.
Seriously, enough to bring tears to your eyes. Juan and I looked
at each other and we didn't really need to say anything as both
our eyes got a little misty. I love the first little pictures of him
where he looks like an adorable alien.
At 20 weeks we had our big ultrasound, it's a BOY! Juan
wanted a boy really bad. I did too, but not as bad as Juan
wanted a son. We both have fantastic big brothers, so we
thought a boy would be the perfect way to start our family.
As soon as we found out we were pregnant I bought two cute
shirts from Baby Gap, so I was a little nervous that we'd somehow
jinxed ourselves by buying something for a boy. Not true! The
ultrasound was amazing to see his cute little body and excited
to hear it was a boy. Blaz wouldn't give us a nice profile, he kept
hiding his face. All the ultrasound pictures are unidentifiable blobs,
but we forgive him. On the way to the Doctor we decided it would
either be Blaz Hudson or Callie Gissel, Blaz wins!
After my icky morning sickness was mostly over we went through
a session in the temple with our ward. It was really special to feel him
moving while we were there. It was weird while we were sitting in the
celestial room together that Juan, me and Blaz might not be
there together again for 19 years when he goes on a mission. I'll always
cherish the moment we were in the temple together and it makes me
even more determined to be there together again someday.

No comments:
Post a Comment