Sunday, April 19, 2009


39 Weeks Pregnant


I know, it looks like none of my shirts fit. Well it's true, they don't! This is me
after 1 week on partial bed rest and a week before I'm due.

I don't feel like my face is puffy, but when I look at this picture it seems
really obvious. I can't decide if I should take a picture of my feet and hands
or not. They are quite grotesque, pillsbury dough-girl comes to mind! I'm
a little embarrassed to photograph them though. Just use your imagination!

My doctor told me to check my blood pressure every day while I've been
on bed rest and if it gets to high we have to go in to the hospital. Right after
we took this picture we headed to walmart to pick up a few groceries and use
their blood pressure machine by the pharmacy. (I know, walking around walmart,
kind of against the rules of bed rest. I've been so bored, I really looked forward
to it all day.) Anyway, if the bottom number was over 100 we had to go in, my bp
was 165/97. I called my doctor and she said we had to go to the hospital.
Mountain View was full this weekend and wouldn't take me, so we had to go to
EIRMC. This was frustrating, but what can you do. They hooked me up to
the monitors, poked me and stole some blood. After a couple of hours they said
I could go home as long as I stayed in bed (for real now) and watched for certain
symptoms. So, I'm smiling big in this picture because I have no idea that I'm going
to spend all evening at the hospital. I'll admit though, there was that little rush of
excitement when we grabbed our bags and the carseat and headed off to the hospital.
We left without a baby though. It was nice to hear his steady heartbeat for
several hours on the monitor though. It's so reassuring and cute, I love it.

So, if our little Blaz doesn't come on his own before Tuesday I will be induced.
I'm kind of ok with this because we were able to make an appointment at
Mountain View's birthing center, so they're kind of saving me a spot. My midwife
doesn't deliver at EIRMC, so it's really important to me that we get in at Mtn. View.
It would stink to have some doctor we've never met before be there for this big
day in our lives you know? We have everything planned out and I'd like things
to go how I've envisioned them.

We had a relaxing saturday and sunday though. Saturday we went to the
library. I know, I promised to stay sitting down but i NEED BOOKS the
tv is getting way too boring. Juan got his haircut while I read in the car
and then we came home and grilled steaks outside. It was such a nice day
and it felt so good to just sit outside in the sunshine. Today we threw together
a teriyaki marinade for chicken and grilled again, it was amazing. I love grilling
because Juan does all the work and there is virtually no cleanup. It's crazy to
think that this is our last weekend just the two of us. I'm SO excited for Blaz
to get here though I can't be sad. I can't wait to hold him.

1 comment:

  1. We were walking to school today and saw your Grandma Hudson, she told us the big say was tomorrow! Wow this is exciting; Stewart and I will finally be an Uncle and an Aunt! We hope all goes well for you. Oh by the way, welcome to the blog world. I would highly suggest you go private as you can get some weirdoes checking out your blog, just food for thought. I would be happy to help you out with the blog, I am sure we can find time when we come to visit your family. If I know my husband, Stewart won’t want to stop holding your son; he is always the first to ask if he can hold the baby out of the two of us. Anyway, thanks for making a blog, now we can see what you’re up to when we move to WV. Best of luck to you!!!
    Love Your GUTS!!! Becky

    ReplyDelete